Beijing, China - Jaguar Land Rover today unveiled the all-new Jaguar XF Long wheelbase (XFL) at the Beijing Auto Show - developed exclusively for Chinese customers.
With the addition of the third China-built vehicle and the first locally-manufactured Jaguar to its joint venture, Jaguar Land Rover continues to demonstrate its long-term commitment to the Chinese market and providing Chinese customers with an exciting range of vehicles.
Building on the success of the Jaguar XFL has been developed with passenger comfort in mind. The wheelbase has been increased by 140mm to 3,100mm delivering exceptional legroom in the rear seats. It also debuts new cabin air ionisation technology, a Jaguar first, and four-zone climate control.
The Jaguar XFL will be built in China's first purpose-built aluminium body shop based at the state-of-the-art Chery Jaguar Land Rover manufacturing facility in Changshu. Inaugural sales of the China-made Jaguar XFL will begin in the second half of the year.
Jaguar Land Rover at the Beijing Auto Show
Alongside the Jaguar XFL, Jaguar Land Rover will showcase six vehicles making their market debut alongside the Jaguar F-PACE and the locally-built Land Rover Discovery Sport.
For Jaguar, the F-TYPE SVR and the Jaguar Diamond Limited Edition will be shown in China for the first time. The F-TYPE is the first Jaguar SVR and the fastest F-TYPE ever with a top speed of 200mph. It has been developed by Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations to be lighter, faster and more powerful while remaining tractable and usable day-to-day.
The Jaguar Diamond Limited Edition enhances the Jaguar XJ LWB with additional features developed exclusively by Jaguar Land Rover's Special Vehicles Operations. This will be available in China, South Korea and MENA only.
The Jaguar F-PACE is the ultimate practical sports car combining the F-TYPEs inspired design and driving dynamics with exceptional space and technology. The F-PACE goes on sale in China from May 2016.
For Land Rover, the Range Rover Evoque Convertible, the Range Rover SVAutobiography, Discovery Landmark Special Edition and Chery Jaguar Land Rover Evoque 16 model year will all make their China debuts at the show. The locally-built Land Rover Discovery Sport will also feature on the stand.
The Range Rover Evoque Convertible is the world's first luxury compact SUV convertible with the refinement and luxury attributes of the Range Rover family.
The Range Rover SVAutobiography is the pinnacle of Range Rover's luxury and refinement. This flagship model is the most powerful production Range Rover ever with a 550PS V8 supercharged engine.
The Discovery Landmark Special Edition builds on the generous specification of the HSE derivative with new interior and exterior features.
The Chery Jaguar Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 16 model year has British design and craftsmanship at its heart. Prices start from 398,000 RMB.
A versatile, all-terrain premium compact SUV, the Chery Jaguar Land Rover Discovery Sport is designed for families. Prices start from 368,000 RMB.
Jaguar Land Rover in China
Jaguar Land Rover first established a presence in China just over a decade ago and has a long-term commitment to its Chinese customers. It has more than 190 operational dealers and additional activities include six training academies as well as three Land Rover Experience Centres.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to inspiring the future generation of Chinese automotive engineers. The Jaguar Land Rover apprentice training programme was created just five years ago and today 350 apprentices graduate from this programme each year.
The company has developed a compelling CSR programme in China creating the Jaguar Land Rover Children and Dream Fund, working with the Soong Ching Ling Foundation. Jaguar Land Rover China has committed to invest RMB 50 million over three yearsin an initiative that supports and develops underprivileged young people.
- ENDS -
Notes for Editors:
- Jaguar Land Rover established its national sales company in China in July 2010 and has more than 500 employees.
- The joint venture with Chery Automobile Limited was created in 2012 and the Changshu plant was opened in 2014. It represents a joint investment of RMB10.9bn and now employs more than 4,500 people.
- Jaguar Land Rover is one of the UK's largest exporters and generates around 80% of its revenue from exports.
- Jaguar Land Rover has four manufacturing facilities in the UK:
- Castle Bromwich is home to the Jaguar XF, Jaguar XJ and Jaguar F-TYPE, employing 3,500 people.
- Halewood is home to the Range Rover Evoque, Range Rover Evoque Convertible and Land Rover Discovery Sport, employing 4,500 people.
- Solihull is home to the Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Land Rover Discovery, Land Rover Defender, the Jaguar XE and F-PACE, employing 9,000 people.
- The Engine Manufacturing Centre is home to the 'Ingenium' engine family, starting with the 2.0 litre diesel in the Jaguar XE. It will employ 1,400 people.